lets paint

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
john-b
Oil Injector

lets paint

Post by john-b »

Ok here we have what was basically a scrap after market fairing. Anything that isnt green was missing snapped off or broken. I remade it with fibre glass mat and the red bits are fibre glass filler because i didnt want body filler in it that would crack. so here we go
smooth it down so its something like then primer it, as you flat it you will see the bits you missed which should just be little marks. Fix that with stopper like this and flat it down

You dont need a base coat but its the easiest way to see imperfections, i used a silver one as i was going to paint it candy blue but with being fibre glass it would take too much work it isnt flat enough. This will also show up what you missed last time :roll:
So more stopper then and flat it off.

Then its into the spray booth and yes that is the back garden in January :lol:

So finally now to paint it :D This is 2 pack so its mixed 2:1 with hardener and about 10% thinners. Go steady and mist coat the the bits that arnt painted to cover them first
Dont try and cover it all at once just build up the coats and let the paint flash off or dry a bit between each coat you put on about 10 minutes or so depending on temp.
this is after 5 coats i think but only because i mixed more paint that i needed 2 or 3 should do it depending on the colour etc.

So what finish can you expect painting things on the washing line? well one like this so before you say you cant do that have a go first before you pay someone.

i dont know if that was helpful or not but hopefully it will of given some of you the idea to say i reckon i can do that.
I will add to this if anyone wants me to when i get round to putting the other colours on over the green.
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Top job well done =D> =D>
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
dandan0162
Heavy Smoker

Post by dandan0162 »

:D
Last edited by dandan0162 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dandan0162
Heavy Smoker

Post by dandan0162 »

nice one john-b!i top job!defo want to c it finished ,ill be doing the same job soon(been saying this for two year lol) ill need to get the ears sorted as there both snapped as most are
pablo
Premix Junkie

Re: lets paint

Post by pablo »

john-b wrote:
Then its into the spray booth and yes that is the back garden in January :lol:
Should'nt be troubled by midgies then :wink:

Seriously tho that's another impresive job =D>
I take my hat off to you John, I hav'nt got the gear to paint, but more to the point I seriously doubt I've got the talent either.
"Turned out nice again"
john-b
Oil Injector

Post by john-b »

you will have the talent soon :lol: actually its just knowledge that no one cares to share, i dont know everything by the way its over 20 years since i did painting for a job :lol:
I wish i knew something about KR's so i was like knowledgeable about them and everything like what you lot are ;-) :-) :-)