Oil Pump removal

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Oil Pump removal

Post by the kid »

Wondering hat the pros and cons are in removing the oil pump . Since my KR is only for track days premixing is not a problem since I have to take fuel in a drum now .
Cheers
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

the pro is: if not in use - it does not self lubricate, and might seize.
.. Image ..
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Best bet is to remove it. You'll need to remove the clutch and the four bolts that hold the side of the engine on, then just remove the plastic drive gear, drop off the pump and remeber to put a rubber grommit over the hole in the case before you reassemble it. Total time taken is about 30 mins max :D

PS to save draining the gearbox oil, tip the bike on to its LHS so that the footrest, rests on top of a tool box. the oil will drain to the other side and then you can remove the clutch without draining the oil. makes the job a lot easier, that is unless you need to change the gearbox oil anyway.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

the-elf wrote:Best bet is to remove it. You'll need to remove the clutch and the four bolts that hold the side of the engine on, then just remove the plastic drive gear, drop off the pump and remeber to put a rubber grommit over the hole in the case before you reassemble it. Total time taken is about 30 mins max :D

PS to save draining the gearbox oil, tip the bike on to its LHS so that the footrest, rests on top of a tool box. the oil will drain to the other side and then you can remove the clutch without draining the oil. makes the job a lot easier, that is unless you need to change the gearbox oil anyway.
DONE , thanks for the input Elf , beers are on me next time we catch up :lol:
Kate

Post by Kate »

I've just got my hands on a racebike, can anyone tell me what mixture I need?
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

I run mine on about 33-1 using Silkolene Pro 2 race oil. They need to be feed on fully synthentic oil.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk