Zorsts

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
marlow

Zorsts

Post by marlow »

Is there any specific most powerful and noisy type of aftermarket spannies for the KR-1 or does any decent fabricated item that doesn't have plates do? My mate had some Allspeeds for his old YPVS and they felt heavy as you like like they were full of plates, sounded nice though. I had some Nikons for my YPVS, felt as thin as paper so no obvious restrictions, very lightweight, sounded nice on tick over yet were still really quiet when being ragged, though in hindsight I'm thinking the powervalves weren't at full strength as the power topped out before 10,000 rpm and I've heard many a tale that they should rev knackerless past 11,000 no problem. Do many of you lot modify your KR1s or do you like to keep them standard as possible?
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

nikons are ultralight and sound good but not too loud - quite a few
of us have them

i think most aftermarket pipes struggle to give better performance
than standard 'S' pipes
Smokings Good For You
rgvsean
Oil Injector

Post by rgvsean »

Lomas pipes (full system) on the way.

JL have now aquired a KR-1S and have a set of standard pipes and a set of older european race pipes to test on the bike and then they will be making and testing their own designs. I'd like to think you'll be able to drool over some stainless JL's by the end of summer, add them to your x-mas list kids as they WILL look, sound awesome and perform very well if the RGV ones are anything to go by.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Put me down for a pair, ta very much :lol:
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Great to hear that they're going to be some new pipes on the market soon. I'm looking forwar to some pics and perhaps a before and after dyno sheet?
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Zorsts.

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 man calling. Correct me if I am wrong on this, but I am of the belief that the KR1-S pipes are fully functioning expansion chambers without the restrictions of internal baffle plates; (unlike the KR1). By the way, my old TZR250 Vtwin had std pipes which were full of them and weighed a ton. I learned my lesson with that bike: Complex Jap import race-rep + gorgeous looks + sophisticated motor = 40bhp & hideously expensive & hard to find parts to TRY and de-restrict the XXXXing thing; then I found a KR1-S in a garden and have NEVER looked back. Regards, KR1 man.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

another ace contact from sean, where were you 5 years ago when i a bike to ride and money to spend :(
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Sean,

Two things please make sure that we can use the bottom mount near the swing arm pivot on a KR1S instead of having to use the mount at the silencer under the rear footpegs. We racers use TZ end cans so don't need the surports for the end can so long as we can use the bottom support and we don't have pillion foot rests.

Secondly after converting to a 17" rear wheel we have to raise the rear ride height to compensate. The standard exhauts can drag on the drain after this conversion while top ofter market exhausts like nikons give about 40mm clearance. So can you make sure that ur new enhausts meet these requirments please.

If you can then I'll order a pair now :D
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
rgvsean
Oil Injector

Post by rgvsean »

I have passed the info to JL.

However bare in mind the TZ end cans may not fit the JL system and the JL end cans will be race cans anyway so the TZ ones may be left in the garage????? Is there anything special about the TZ cans? Or just they work well on Nikkon or Stock?
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Sean

Great news - I hope Jim manages to sell a few to reward his efforts.
KR market isn't exactly the biggest

MJ
marlow

Post by marlow »

Is it true JL prices are giong up loads in March like the website says?
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Oh shit! How am i going to tell her about this one :D .
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Do like everyone else, don't tell her :lol:
marlow

Post by marlow »

Cliff wrote:Oh shit! How am i going to tell her about this one :D .
You're just up the road from me Cliff, where do you hack your KR about?
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

It spends most of it's time in the garage, i don't like rain, and the bike hates salt :D . How far is local?