New KR1S Project in OZ

Show us that box of bits in your shed!
Monty

New KR1S Project in OZ

Post by Monty »

Hi all. Just joined the forum and I must say, very impressed that there are individuals that are so passionate about 2 strokes. Give you a little back ground info, I've owned a 1990 KR1S for the last 15 years. My first mode of transport when I moved to OZ. The last time it was running was in 2008, but due to electrical problems it's been gathering dust. In the last few months iv been thinking that I must pull my finger out and do something with the bike. In the past it has been very difficult to find parts and even fine a good bike shop that is passionate about 2 strokes, so let go fishing on the internet and do some research. Well times have changed there seems to be a large range of second hand spears now available, even though they mostly come from the UK or USA. So it seem that a re-build is possible but may be pricy due to getting parts sent to OZ, so more fishing. Well jackpot found a KR250 1988 for sale no picture in the add, got the seller to send me a pic of the bike, and what do you know its actually a KR1S, and it runs, deal done $1000.00 picked up on Thursday. Parts problem solved, WELL NOT ACTUALLY, decided to re-build both bikes now, sucker for punishment. Hopefully you will not mind if I call on your knowledge at some point.
Old faithfull.
New addition
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Welcome to the forum Monty, looking forward to the build :D
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Welcome to the forum Monty. Lots of free help and advice on here.
"Turned out nice again"
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Hello and welcome
Cheers
Al
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Parts problem solved, WELL NOT ACTUALLY, decided to re-build both bikes now, sucker for punishment.
Ho ho ho, welcome to the forum Monty =D>

I think you'll find there are one or two of us who have one Kr & enough to build at least another.

I've always loved my bikes but never been addicted to one model, until I got a Kr1.

Its like a drug I tell you :lol:
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

Welcome Monty,

My advice on a rebuild is plenty of whisky and plenty of whisky! oh and to be able take shite, which as some of the lads on this forum will know I'm very good at especially after some whisky. :lol:
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

Being a wee bit on the not so sober side, I have a question.....

Is it whisky or whiskey? Why the different spellings :-k
teerex
Oil Injector

Post by teerex »

Some spell it with and some without depends what you buy. :)
It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

fish sign :?
Smokings Good For You
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Garry wrote:fish sign :?
Is that because you say a little prayer before every ride - hoping it will ensure it's not a one way ticket ? :mrgreen:
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

teerex wrote:Welcome Monty,

My advice on a rebuild is plenty of whisky and plenty of whisky! oh and to be able take shite, which as some of the lads on this forum will know I'm very good at especially after some whisky. :lol:
Ohyesindeedie... This forum has some of the friendliest p*ss heads I've every had the pleasure to converse with... And I'm one of them that likes a whiskey too... and then also talks shite!

It's gets really entertaining when a few of us are on the sauce and Monty your very welcome to join in :mrgreen:
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

you have an ecclectic assortment of wheels on display - what does the baby rev out to? :shock:
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

what does the baby rev out to?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If she's anything like my little-un, about 18,000RPM, blows a seal & drops the contents of her sump all over the living room carpet #-o
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: New KR1S Project in OZ

Post by JanBros »

Monty wrote: Image
here 's a man who has his priorities straight : never mind the baby is out and it's raining, I'm busy with my KR's :lol:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

I noticed the bub seems to be pointing at the 2nd KR. I reckon she's thinking "Dad, can ya chuck the engine from that bike into this thing for me? I'm sick of waiting for someone to push me." :mrgreen:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)