Should of kept my gob shut

Twangled your powervalve grommit in your woodruff key? ask someone how to fix it here
Ricky

Should of kept my gob shut

Post by Ricky »

Well, after gobbing off about my bike being a runner she's developed a snag. Cant seem to stop fuel gusshing from the right hand carb . Everything was fine until i rode it today . I stopped outside my garage to open the door and noticed a puddle of petrol on the floor which was getting larger by the second , i shut the bike down and still it came until i turned the fuel tap off , could this be a sticky float?If so has anyone got any tips to stop this happening.............Cheers ..Ricky
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

should have kept my gob shut.

Post by KR1 Man »

Kri man calling Ricky. Sounds like worn float valves, have been there myself.Still available from the local Kwak dealers, and I believe that the KX65/90 ones are the same. Not cheap though. Good opportunity to do the float heights.Don't know your method of removal, but I pull out the airbox first, this makes it a much easier job to do. Good luck, best regards, KR1 man.
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Thanks for that , i will give it a try .........Ricky
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I just would clean the carb first, before buying new parts :wink:

and maybe install fuelfilters in the fuellines
Last edited by JanBros on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

down at yeovilton on tuesday mate will bring a spare set of carbs down for you to stick on...
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
rgvsean
Oil Injector

Post by rgvsean »

Yes a piece of dirt can hold the floats open. Also if the fuel lines are degrading or the fuel tank is full of crud then it will keep on happening so ensure filters are in place. The floats could be worn but this is easy to tell if they are, just have a look at them.
Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Thanks for all the tips , cheers Corky , thats much appreciated , i'll get the kettle on...........Ricky.
Tambo
Heavy Smoker

Post by Tambo »

Ditto dirt - it's amazing how small a bit of crud can be, and still prevent the valve from shutting.

Also make sure the floats haven't been bent out of shape at some point - touching the sides slightly can be enough to make them stick.
Kr1s c3, vfr750fg, Dnepr MT11, Pegaso 650