Ready for the Road....

The place to put pictures of your pride and joy - you can also post pics of your KR if you want!
Flanker
Smoker

Ready for the Road....

Post by Flanker »

.....If I could only get her out of the workshop, it hasn't stopped raining for weeks and my garden is like a bog, so you will have to excuse the 'spares department' as a backdrop.

The good news though is that the bike is now complete, with new found fairing straight forks and a good service she starts first kick and sounds cracking. All she needs now is an MOT and I can ride my first KR-1S, roll on the summer.

I haven't managed to attach an image, 'user incompetance' seems to be the main problem :oops: but for those interested, I have managed to attach a link

http://aolpictures.aol.co.uk/galleries/ ... xQp5Fd3Ig=
When faced with a choice of two evils go for the one you haven't tried!
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

Mate that looks sh hot 8)
barryj
Heavy Smoker

Post by barryj »

Lovely, are the other bike yours also? i so nice collection.
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

nice to see another back on the road :)

collection looks nice 8)
Smokings Good For You
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Nice, very nice, as much as I like most of the other colour schemes, I do think it's hard to better the green/black one, definative KR1S i think.
Flanker
Smoker

Post by Flanker »

Thanks for the comments guys - I love the green and black colour scheme too but to be honest that choice was made for me as it was only the fairing and belly pan that were shot as a result of the bikes crash. I am still not sure about the black screen, that was with the bike when I bought it, I would have replaced it but for the fact that I think it kind of suits the paint.... the jury is still out on that one! What do you reckon?

I would like to put the calipers back to the standard gold and polish up the alloy. Any advice on getting the frame polished would be much appreciated, the picture of Cliff's bike under the 'Silicon Hoses Fitted' thread is stunning! but that looks like a serious amount of work!!

As for the rest of the bikes, I do still have the RD500LC - nice bike but not really what you would expect from a 500 stroker, actually quite a laid back bike to ride - and in the summer you arrive everywhere lightly poached!

One of the NS400Rs is still in the shed, now that is a fantastic bike to ride, I am Freddie Spencer everytime I go out on it... if only the big H had seen fit to make the full 500cc version.... oh and chosen not to make it sound like 3 C90's :roll:

The KH250 I sold :( it was a real corker and sounded fantastic! It was replaced by an H1-D, I'll stick a photo up on the gallery if I can find one. Kind of the KR-1S of her time, she does have something of an attitude going on - or to paraphrase an ad on US eBay US an H1 'this is not a socially responsible motorcycle' :D :twisted:

BTW - still having problems posting images, do they show when you preview a posting? All I get is the text link no matter what I do.... sorry if I am being dumb here!
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Black screen? Yeah I like it, then again I'm biased mine used to have a black one till I broke it. Now got a clear one but going to swap it I think.

Pics? Click on image then paste in the link then click img again, if you use the preview button it will show up. Don't know if it's your picture hosting site that the problem's with, if so try using www.photobucket.com that seems to work pretty well for my and I'm a technophobe.

Always fancied an NS after having a do on one years ago, come close a couple of times but the spares situation has always put me off, is it as bad as it seems? Pistons are pretty unobtainable, crank parts as well? Be just my look to get one that needed the lot. And yeah they do sound crap, typical of h***a make the best looking and put together racer rep of it's time and make it sound so bad :lol:
Flanker
Smoker

Post by Flanker »

Thanks Red, it may well be AOL that is the problem they do tend to do these things, will try photobucket as you suggest and see how I get on with that. Appreciate your thoughts on the screen too.

The NS really is a great bike to ride, the handling is every bit as good as the reports and for not much more than a 350 it flies and always feels loads more alert than the RD which could be a great tourer if it wasn't for the fuel consumption and the heat!

The parts for the NS are every bit as bad as it seems... a cynic might suggest that h***a would like to see the back of them! No crank parts are available, pistons NLA, even basics like crank seals! but that puts loads of people off so the bikes themselves are a huge amount cheaper than the RD or RG, you can expect a very tidy bike for less than a grand.

IMHO the NS is the most usable of the bunch, best looking, best built without question and best handling by a street and yet strangely they are worth far more in bits than they are as complete bikes!

Funny ol' world.
bricep59
lurker

polishing

Post by bricep59 »

hi get your self a polishing kit from mps polishing ali is quite easy to do your self the more you do the better you get so start on the less visable parts good luck :)
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

Flanker wrote:RD500LC ... NS400R's ... KR-1S ... H1-D
Hey Flanker, you need to join us on Diff'rent Strokers... :D
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

another nice KR ready for the road :D
excellent
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Flanker
Smoker

Post by Flanker »

Now there's a plan! Had a look at the website, it looks great.... uncannily just the kind of bikes I like 8) . All registered up now!

Thanks.
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

That's a nice bike. Polishing is easy, do what i did, buy one ready done :lol: :lol: .
Flanker
Smoker

Post by Flanker »

Doh! now why didn't I think of that - :roll:

You have shattered my illusions Cliff, I was giving you all sorts of credit for that frame... :wink: She does look stunning though doesn't she, I think I am going to have to go for that look next winter 8)